8100 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
This brick structure was built in 1945. The westbound depot now owned by Montgomery Preservation Inc. housing railroad artifacts with former baggage area leased for commercial use. MARC passengers no longer board at this facility. In 2003 a new facility was opened about 1/4 mile west of this location adjacent to the Silver Spring Metro station. Photo taken 2003.
The B&O Railroad Station is Owned & Operated by Montgomery Preservation Inc., a Countywide Independent Non-profit Preservation Organization. This train station is the only building in downtown Silver Spring listed on the National Register of Historic Places
MPI's Mission is to preserve, protect, and promote Montgomery County's
rich architectural heritage and historic landscapes. The Station is available for rent. Call 301-431-0088 for rental information.