1 Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
DUE TO COVID-19 THE SILVER SPRING ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT CART WON'T APPEAR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Silver Spring Arts & Entertainment Cart offers visitors and residents the opportunity to borrow a free board game, card game, or art and craft project to enjoy or play on the Veterans Plaza.
The Art & Entertainment Cart is intended as a creative and fun respite for visitors to the Plaza. The Silver Spring Civic Building and Veteran’s Plaza hosts hundreds of festivals and events each year including the Silver Spring Jazz Festival, Montgomery County Thanksgiving Parade, PanAfrica Fest, KIDfest, and other popular festivals every weekend from May – October.
The cart will be available during the week or other quiet times on the Plaza, when visitors can enjoy the hot summer days with friends or family as they converse over a game. The Art & Entertainment Cart will also be available during Silver Spring’s family oriented Thursday night concert series beginning in June.
The Cart offers over thirty board and card games for both adults and children to enjoy from Candyland and Uno to Bunco and Pinochle. Several giant outdoor games were donated by Montgomery Planning Department, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission including oversized chess, checkers, and Connect Four.
Coloring pages for adults and children are always available and the art project rotates each day. The first craft project was a penguin, the unofficial mascot of Silver Spring. The penguin is popular in Silver Spring because of the public art piece, the Penguin Rush Hour mural by artist Sallie Callmer.
Nearby Arts & Entertainment
- Veteran's Memorial1 Veterans Place (21 feet N)
- Regal Majestic Theater900 Ellsworth Dr (186 feet SW)
- Weaving Community and Culture1 Veterans Place (200 feet NE)
- Betty Mae Kramer Gallery1 Veterans Place (224 feet NE)
Nearby Restaurants & Dining
- Chick-Fil-A825 Ellsworth Dr (107 feet W)
- Cold Stone Creamery821 Ellsworth Dr (120 feet NW)
- Locavino8519 Fenton Street (123 feet SE)
- BurgerFi8504 Fenton St (143 feet W)
Nearby Parking Garages
- Town Square Garage (Garage 61)801 Ellsworth Dr (175 feet W)
- Wayne Avenue Garage (Garage 60)921 Wayne Ave (622 feet SW)
- Spring Cameron Garage (Garage 2)8700 Cameron St (0.2 miles NW)
- Bonifant-Dixon (Garage 5/55)1101 Bonifant St (0.3 miles SW)