1220 East-West Hwy
Silver Spring, MD 20910
On the theme of environmental stewardship and climate leadership, Chelsea Henery has depicted paper transitioning into origami birds and fish, and then finally into real birds and fish. The acrylic mural highlights environmental initiatives such as recycling and composting, and presents the viewer with an imaginative view of our relationship with nature.
Chelsea Henery is an illustrator, painter and muralist based in Baltimore, MD. She graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a BFA in Illustration. She mostly works with two dimensional mixed media, and sometimes brings collage elements into her paintings.
The mural was installed as a part of the Blairs Mural Festival in September 2021.
Nearby Arts & Entertainment
- The Hand1325 East-West Hwy (303 feet N)
- Coastline1301 East-West Hwy (336 feet E)
- Hamilton Glass' Mural1401 Blair Mill Rd (428 feet SW)
- East/ West Beacon1200 East-West Hwy (728 feet SE)
Nearby Restaurants & Dining
- District Taco1310 East West Highway (148 feet SE)
- Peet's Coffee & Tea1316 East-West Hwy (164 feet E)
- Ikko Sushi1215 East-West Hwy (407 feet SE)
- Mamma Lucia1302 East-West Hwy (494 feet NW)
Nearby Parking Garages
- NOAA Building Garage (Garage 58)1315 East-West Hwy (331 feet N)
- Bonifant-Dixon (Garage 5/55)1101 Bonifant St (1015 feet NE)
- Kennett Street Garage (Garage 9)8040 Kennett St (0.3 miles SE)
- Thayer-Silver Spring Garage (Garage 3)913 Silver Spring Ave (0.3 miles E)