1 Veterans Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910
One of the largest and most acclaimed professional theatre companies in the metro Washington, DC area, Round House Theatreoperates an education center in Silver Spring and annually reaches over 40,000 patrons there and across the region with strong educational programs.
Round House Theatre's productions have received 22 Helen Hayes Awards including "Outstanding Resident Production" for The Drawer Boy (2004), Home (2002), The Glass Menagerie (2001) and the "Charles MacArthur Award for Outstanding New Play" in 2003 for Shakespeare, Moses, and Joe Papp. The company's 2004 production of The Diary of Anne Frank received three Helen Hayes Awards, prompting The Washington Post to deem the show "a technical powerhouse." Most recently the company received thirteen 2006 Helen Hayes Award nominations in thirteen separate categories for its productions of columbinus, Once on This Island, Camille, and A Year with Frog and Toad.
Round House Theatre is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. The theatre receives major support from Montgomery County, the Maryland State Arts Council (an agency funded by the State of Maryland and the National Endowment for the Arts), and the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County.
Nearby Arts & Entertainment
- GBYM900 Wayne Ave (adjacent)
- AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural Center8633 Colesville Rd (64 feet SW)
- The Record Exchange8642 Colesville Rd (126 feet W)
- ArtStream8601 Colesville Rd (159 feet NW)
Nearby Restaurants & Dining
- Kao Thai8650 Colesville Rd (174 feet NW)
- Koite Grill8626 Colesville Road (176 feet NW)
- Kung Fu Tea8661 Colesville Rd (196 feet NE)
- J. Hollingers8606 Colesville Rd (210 feet W)
Nearby Parking Garages
- Town Square Garage (Garage 61)801 Ellsworth Dr (485 feet E)
- Wayne Avenue Garage (Garage 60)921 Wayne Ave (630 feet SE)
- Spring Cameron Garage (Garage 2)8700 Cameron St (809 feet NW)
- Cameron Street Garage (Garage 7)8530 Cameron St (1044 feet W)